What do the Wise Ones in India and all over the world do almost everyday?
Oil pulling has been practiced in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. Modern oil pulling was introduced in 1992 by Dr. F. Karach, MD. Dr. Karach claimed that this treatment will achieve remarkable results with illnesses like migraine headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis, chronic blood disorders such as leukemia, arthritis and related illnesses, neuro-physiological paralysis, eczema, gastro enteritis, peritonitis, heart disease, kidney disease, meningitis, and woman’s hormonal disorders are completely eliminated from the organism. Dr. Karach’s claims that oil pulling heals the whole body in perpetuity. He cites results with terminal diseases such as cancer, AIS and chronic infections.
According to the African Journal of Microbiology Research, oil pulling is an effective defense against the bacteria associated with dental caries (tooth decay).
Many advocates of oil pulling suggest safflower, sunflower or sesame oil, but more and more studies and successes are finding higher quality oils are more effective. The anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties of whole, extra virgin coconut oil makes it the perfect choice for oil pulling and certainly is gaining popularity.
Exactly how do you do it?
1. Prior to breakfast on an empty stomach you take one tablespoon of coconut or other carrier oil.
2. Take the oil into the mouth but do not swallow it.
3. Move the oil slowly in the mouth as rinsing or swishing and as Dr Karach puts it; ” sip, suck and pull through the teeth” for fifteen to twenty minutes. This process thoroughly mixes the oils with saliva. Swishing activates the enzymes and the enzymes draw toxins out of the blood. The oil must not be swallowed, for it has become toxic. As the process continues, the oil gets thinner and white.
4. It is then spit from the mouth. The oral cavity must be thoroughly rinsed and mouth must be washed thoroughly. Just use water and brush with fluoride free toothpaste, and scrape tongue.
This has in effect pulled toxins and poisons out through the mucous membranes of the mouth to be expelled. If you use virgin coconut oil, expel into the garbage, as it can solidify in the drain.
It is important to understand that during the oil-pulling/swishing process one’s metabolism is intensified. Many feel this leads to improved health. For many, the most striking results of this process is the fastening of loose teeth, the healing of sores, the elimination of bleeding gums and the visible whitening of the teeth.
The oil pulling /swishing is done best before breakfast. To accelerate the healing process, it can be repeated three times a day, but it is always best before meals on an empty stomach.
Remember, do not swallow. The oil should be spat out.
Results of Oilpulling Survey by a newspaper in India: In 1996, after continuous publication of a regular column for three years in their Sunday edition on OP, Andhra Jyoti, a Telugu daily newspaper conducted a survey to find out the types of diseases cured and the effectiveness of OP. Out of a total of 1041 respondents, 927 (89%) reported cure of one or more diseases. People who did not report any cure were 114(11%).The analysis indicated cure of the following types of chronic diseases:
Pains in the body and problems pertaining to neck and above- 758 cases Allergy and respiratory problems of lungs like asthma, bronchitis etc- 191 cases Skin problems like pigmentation, itching, scars, black patches, and eczema etc -171 cases Digestive system-155 cases Constipation- 110 cases Arthritis and joint pains- 91 cases Heart disease and B.P- 74 cases Diabetes- 56 cases Piles- 27 cases Diseases pertaining to female reproductive system reported by women- 21 cases Diseases like Polio, Cancer, Leprosy, polycystic kidney, neural fibroma, paralysis etc -72
Sample testimonies of different disease cured:
There are many testimonies of disease cured from different people, differing in age, sex and duration of disease. More examples are given in my book on “Oil Pulling and Healthy Habits”. Sample testimonies of chronic diseases cured are appended below for showing the curative effect of OP.
• Allergy Asthma- Exhilarating Experience On the first day of OP Feb 25, 1995, I felt an exhilarating feeling of freshness in the mouth. Because of OP, addiction to cigar smoking cured on Mar 28, 1995. I was able to work with increased energy, concentration and less impatience. My nostrils were clear and clean. I had food allergic asthma from September 1975. By end of March ’95, I gave up the use of inhalers for asthma. Numbness in hands and legs disappeared in April 1995. Discomfort in my feet and joints due to walking disappeared by April ’95. The food tastes better and I feel more energetic. I am enjoying the freshness of mouth, good health and very sound sleep due to OP. Prof V.R.R.M. Babu, (57 years), Geology Dept, Andhra University, Waltair
• Constipation – Piles-“With OP Health Is Great Wealth” I have been practicing OP for the last one year with Til (gingelly-sesame) oil for fifteen to twenty minutes daily in the morning without fail. I am 82 years old. I have been suffering from constipation and piles for the last four decades. I consulted many doctors, used many medicines but with only temporary relief. Within two weeks of practicing OP, I started getting relief. There was no pain during motion. Inflammation and piles decreased. I started having free and clear evacuation. I am sleeping peacefully and happily at night. Indigestion, lack of appetite has gone. Decades old pain has gone just by doing OP with gingelly (sesame) oil. Our Ayurvedic treatment is a comprehensive solution for all diseases. It is good for all to practice. -“With OP Health Is Great Wealth”. Padma Bhusan Sri Kalogi Narayana Rao, People’s Poet, Tirupathi, A.P
• Diabetes – Pregnancy – Child Birth. "My age is 41 years. I am a diabetic patient with no children. After doing OP for three months, I became pregnant. At the time of pregnancy, my blood sugar increased. I stopped OP for about a month thinking it was aggravating my problem. Having come to know that aggravation is a sign of cure, I started OP again. The sugar level came down and I continued OP throughout my pregnancy. After a caesarian operation, I gave birth to a baby. The doctors checked for sugar, both for the baby and me. We both were free from sugar. The wound healed well and stitches removed on the seventh day. The doctor was astonished at this. I found OP benefited me in the following ways: I weigh 90 Kgs. height 4’11” with weak twisted foot. By walking, the foot used to become septic and pus used to ooze. By OP and walking daily, I became strong and was able to walk up the steps without difficulty. OP reduced sugar gradually and diabetes cured. The skin became clear and shining and the spots on the body disappeared. The body became strong, teeth firm; gums healthy and the hair turned black and stopped becoming white or gray." Mrs AVL Umamaheswari, Commercial Tax Dept, Eluru, A.P.
• Diabetes - "At the advanced age of 74, it is unjust to expect miraculous result from any kind of therapy. Yet I must say that what I have experienced through OP therapy is almost a miracle and quite unbelievable. Diabetes has been troubling me for the past 13 years. Now my blood sugar level is normal, though I do not take any medicine. I have discontinued all medication including vitamins, enzymes etc." (Swami Swarupanand Bharati, (K.R.K.Chetty,IPS,D.I.G.(Retd)
This is a great way to soothe the nerves for restful sleep at night. It also is great for digestion and elimination. It is a yogic recipe for joint health.
• organic whole milk
• pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg)
• ghee (clarified butter)
1. Pour milk into cup you will be drinking out of to get just the right measurement
2. Pour this milk into the pot and turn heat to high
3. -add about an 1/8 to a 1/4 of a teaspoon of turmeric
-add about an 1/8 to a 1/4 of a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or equivalent of separate spices within)
-add about an 1/8 of a teaspoon of cardamom
-add about a level teaspoon of ghee
4. Do not leave the milk (it will boil over and create a big mess)
5. Bring milk to a boil and turn off. Once it starts to boil and rise your done. You don't want to boil it for any longer.
6. Add honey or maple syrup or sweetener of choice to taste (do not boil sweeteners, especially honey)
TRIBUTE TO SWEET Coco Puff 1998 - 2011
It is with sadness and yet joyful remembrance that we post this tribute to Coco who passed away in his sleep early Saturday morning, February 12. Coco was such a character and came into my life in 2004 when I rescued him from a very unstable and unsafe environment. Needless to say it was love at first sight. He became the Yoga mascot, was in the classroom quite often, greeting everyone and showing off with his pillow. For a little tiny thing, 8 pounds, he obviously thought of himself in a much bigger capacity! A little Lion, is how he was often referred.
Coco will be cremated today and placed on the Altar at the Retreat Center.
I'm grateful for your kind thoughts. Pet rescue and support of No-Kill shelters is a recognized important venue to contribute your time and money too. All living creatures on our planet deserve a healthy, happy life just as we humans. They unconditionally give incredible joy and healing to us in many, many ways.
Love and Happiness